The five naughty ghosts are up to no good at school, and one by one the teacher sends them home. Finding herself alone and lonely at school, the teacher calls the parents and says "Let those ghosts go back to school!" (A likely story...!)
Here are some ideas for using this book in music class:
- Find a good image of a ghost and make five copies. I attach yarn to each ghost picture and five students wear the bats with yarn aroung their necks.
- Echo sing the song with the children until they are secure with the melody.
- As you sing each verse, be sure to have the children leave the ghost group one by one. Be sure to demonstrate the subtraction that is taking place, such as 5-1=4, 4-1=3, etc.
- Six more students can play the part of the teacher, mommy ghost, daddy ghost, grandma ghost, grandpa ghost, and doctor. Give the "teacher" a phone and make sure that the others are ready to give the directions!
- Some good (not too scary) examples of ghost images:
- Happy Haunting!